Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Goodbye ROW, hello Boot Camp!!

I made it by the skin of my teeth.  Somehow I slept through my alarm yesterday (pregnancy fatigue anyone?) and to top it off, my son woke up early, so I only wrote about 700 words yesterday.  But today I made it!  Final count on Demon and His Lover: 7,600 words.  Final count Aeris(for ROW, not for the whole book): 62,694.  Like I said, made 70,000 by the skin of my teeth.  But I made it!  Yay!!!
I assume bootcamp is like Nanowrimo, where you write 50,000 words.  I may not make that goal, simply because I'm not sure how big this book will end up being, but I really can't imagine that it's going to go over 120,000.  At least, I hope not. hahaha
I'm giving myself a break from writing after I finish the next chapter.  Then I'll save it all up for July 1st.  In the meantime, I'm picking up Six Keys again.  Now that I know MUCH more about formatting, it needs complete reworking, so that it looks prettier on those kindle/nook pages.  It's so fun to do these things myself.  :)  No really, I could hire someone (like I do for editing), but I just won't do it.  I'd rather do it myself and save my money, since I can. :)

So I bid all my new ROW friends adieu, rest assured  I will still be haunting your blogs for updates and wishing you all the best of luck in your new goals.

Happy Writing!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Best of luck with Boot Camp! I know you'll do great. :) And I'm with you on the formatting. It's one of the best things about indie publishing: doing things yourself. It's the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finish.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your word counts.

What is Boot Camp?

Ghenet Myrthil said...

Congrats on making your goal! And good luck on the bootcamp. :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go on your goals! And good luck with Boot Camp. Have fun!

Claudia Lefeve said...

I tend to stay from anything that has "boot camp" as part of the title :) So I tip my hat off to ya!

So glad you're picking up Six Keys again!

You'll be around for Round 3 right???

C.Farrell said...

Good luck with boot camp. Like Claudia, just the name scares me. :)

Well done on the 70k, doesn't matter how close it was, you did it!

And let yourself sleep if you need it. I've never experienced anything as bad as pregnancy fatigue, so I feel really bad for you. Fair play to you for reaching your goals. :)

Vicki Keire said...

Keep us updated @ Boot Camp, pls! You're not the first person I've heard mention it, and it sounds intriguing. Writing will be the only Boot Camp I'll be seeing.
And pregnancy news too! That's exciting.

Craig Hansen said...

Ambitious goals. Well done on so much good progress!

Robin M said...

Good luck with bootcamp. Have fun and write, write, write.

alberta ross said...

well done- best of luck with boot camp - hope to see you back here sometime - I agree about doing the fomatting oneself - learning and being able to do it - great feeling - and of course pennies saved can be used for another . . . book, holiday whatever!!!