Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Condensed Version

Hey all the readers of blogs on the internet...
How was your week?  Oh, fab.  How was mine you ask?  Well, let me give you the Reader's Digest Condensed version:
Or FML, as I like to say.  Don't worry, the F stands for Frack.


For those who can stand the TL;DR version:
I was gifted a house full of sick people this week.  Imagine every liquid that could leave a person's body out of every orifice imaginable, combined with fevers, no sleep, whining, crying, MUD(all over my freaking house) and every damn thing piling up to be done that can't be done because I have a 16 mth old sitting in my lap crying all day and a husband that actually has to work so we have stuff and you might understand how much my week sucked.
Oh, the horrors.  Seriously, how did my mom do this?  At one point in my life she had 7 children suffering from the chicken pox, ranging in ages from 1 to 17.  How did you survive it, mother???  I only have two kids and my life is one constant helping of FAIL.  Ah well.

So to answer the other unasked question... no I did not get any writing done this week.  And since Little C. still has an ear infection and the inability to sleep longer than short bursts of time, I seriously doubt that I'm going to get any writing done next week either.  But the hubby has a work conference in a week and I usually use that time to make a big push, so barring another plague, hopefully I will get some chunks of writing done in the evenings.

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

Jennette Marie Powell said...

Wow, that does suck - hope everyone stays healthy for a long time now!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I'm sorry you had such a rough week! Hopefully, everyone will get well and things will get back to normal. I remember those days from when my boys were little. Hubby and I worked different shifts, and it was hard to take care of sick little ones. Wishing you a better week!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your household gets well soon. Good luck on getting your writing in but given everything going on, don't feel bad if it doesn't get done.

DarkWyvern said...

Sorry to hear everyone's sick :( Hope you're all feeling better soon. Not to worry, once they get well you'll have plenty of time to catch up on your writing and other goals.

Deniz Bevan said...

Seven kids with chicken pox? A house full of sick kids? It was bad enough when it was just me that was sick! Passing you lots of virtual tissues and tea and mommy-alone time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, it looks like Kait has hit some trouble and we have no mid-week check-in. So no one is left out, please come over to our Facebook group and leave a link to your check-in post and we will be over to visit. The page address is https://www.facebook.com/groups/row80/ Alternatively, email me at katiecrcole@gmail.com and I'll pass your post on. I know Facebook isn't everyone's cup of tea!

Should we have no Linky on Sunday, we'll just keep working this way until things sort themselves out.

Cheers!
Cate (Round 1 Sponsor)