Thursday, January 27, 2011

Solved

I think I've decided to wait and see if I get any feedback on the first draft of Compis before I run off and publish the ebook. This will give me a few weeks to do the following: 
1) Finish up and polish the collection of short stories I've been working on. My plan is to sell them for dirt cheap on Kindle and maybe post a couple for free here on goodreads. Before I was a novelist, I was a short story only girl, and a let's start this book, write about 6 chapters and go on to the next thing girl. Now I am a FINISH IT girl, but I may as well get some use out of the stories I wrote along the way. 
2) Get started on the next section of Compis. Even if I decide to release what I have as a book, the next part is dying to be written. Every night I lie in bed plotting where the story is going to go next. These characters are so easy to write about. It's like they're alive somewhere and their lives were recorded for me and all I have to do is put the description down on paper. What a pleasure. 
3) Work on marketing Six Keys better. I am getting pretty good at it, not great, but pretty good. I need to be better. To that end, I've been researching my butt off online, figuring out what others have done to mild success. I keep telling myself, it's only been two months and I'm averaging 1 sale a day right now. That is great, and I'm very happy about it. But it's not my goal. My goal is 10 books a day by 6 mths. We'll see if I reach it. I've got one month to bump up my average by a LOT. :) 

It's good to have goals.

No comments: