Friday, October 7, 2016

Ask The Author: Readers Rock!!

I usually try to make these entries light and amusing.  I mean, I've read a lot of author blogs, and the ones that keep things short and sweet are the ones that I enjoy coming back to again and again.  I think, however, that I will fail utterly today.

Words have power.  I think we know this.  We go through our days, bombarded by words (especially we who are bibliophiles) and many times, unfortunately, those words are not kind.  They do not help us or uplift us, instead they bring us into darkness.

This all sounds like I'm trying to be deep and introspective, but really I'm just trying to say is... I don't think we're always aware how much power our words have in this world.

As a writer, I struggle all the time with the idea that people are reading my words and are affected by them.  Like wow!  People read my words and respond to them and some even hate or love them.  That is AMAZING to me.

Today, I want to honor my fans who send me their messages.  If you've sent me an email, I've read it (probably twice! haha)  If you've left me a comment, I've noticed.

You may not believe in the power of YOUR words, dear readers, but they affect me all the same!  Many times I feel such strong gratitude for all of you.  I know you are out there, but sometimes, I admit I forget.  I feel like I'm writing words into the void and it's such a great reminder to get pulled back to earth by your kind words.

Thank you.  Thank you all.  It seems like such a small thing to say when your wonderful words left me in happy tears, but thank you.

And in return, I offer this news:  I'm at 84,276 words for Ignis.  I have a bit of middle stuff to clear up, and a few ending chapters to write after I figure out how to fit Luka's storyline into the main storyline, but I'm really happy with the progress I've made, considering how busy I've been over the past 4 months!

I will make a post later about my reading list progress (and there has been some, so yay!), but for now, I just wanted to say how much I love and appreciate my readers.   What you do for me is magic!


1 comment:

Laura Swanson said...

Awesome progress!
I stalled at 47k on my latest WIP and I keep trying to make the transition back to my passion project that stalled when I got my cancer diagnosis years ago but that old anxiety keeps rearing it's head. I need a really mean writing partner to yell at me and call me names I think, lol!
Keep fighting the good fight!!