Before I know it, we're fully booked with trips here and there and everywhere and I feel like I'm about to fall over.
Still, progress has been made! Yay progress!
Progress on the book front: Zyan and Nikka have become too difficult for me at this point what with their complex intertwinings and to be honest a lot of delicate details that I have to iron out every step of the way, setting up for the final book.
So I set their storyline aside (although I got an idea of how to fix something, so I may pick it up later this week) to work on Luka.
Luka, you beautiful man griffin you. In case any of you forgot, Luka's storyline is going to be heavily griffin this time around and it has been a lot of fun to write. I've got about 27,000 words written in his story, so I'm over the halfway point now. Luka is on the island of the griffins, so I get to write about a society from the ground up and boy howdy is it fun!
In other news, I've been steadily working on getting rid of that Finishing Up My Series TBR list. Let's take a look, shall we?
- The Lotus War books. There is no good reason for why I haven't finished this series. The main character is AWESOME. The world is AWESOME. AND I OWN ALL THREE BOOKS. Like what is wrong with me?
The Lunar Chronicles. I loved these books, but for whatever reason whenever I look at how long Winter is, my brain fails. But this year I will read the last book!!!
- Under The Never Sky. I got partway through the last book and just quit. What is wrong with me??? I really liked the other two books. *sigh* I have a problem.
- Dust Lands. I really loved the first book in this series, but the second book and its sibling drama (not to mention that whole rapey type scene at the end) really turned me off. Still, I do want to find out what happens to Saba, so I need to buckle down and finish that one.
The Fifth Wave. I was absolutely blown away by the first two books in this series, but I admit I am terrified of what might happen in the conclusion. I will face my fear and read that book when it releases in FOUR DAYS??? EEP! Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Honestly, why in heaven's name haven't I finished this series? I freaking LOVE Laini Taylor. Is it just that I'm a coward and I can't face how it might end? Not sure.
- Penryn & The End Of Days. Okay, I'm just afraid that Pen and Rafe don't end up together, so if someone could just spoil that detail for me, I'll finish this series posthaste.
- The Heir Chronicles. It's been so long since I read the last one that I really can't even remember what happened. I just need to see if they have it on recaptains or something. Because I loved every one of those stories. :)
- Lumatere Chronicles. I read the first of these books, but honestly, Finnikin didn't excite me very much. But EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER keeps telling me I have to read the other two because they are amazing. So I added this series to my list.
So, I'm making good progress here, too. Right now I'm on the last Veronica Rossi book in the Never Sky series, and hopefully I'll finish that up pretty soon. I'm also hoping I won't make any more additions to my list or this will take me MORE than the rest of the year to finish up.
Hope you all are making similar progress on your personal life goals!