1) Piggyback Rides: Every Kdrama I've ever seen has a piggyback ride at least once. It gives uptight Kdramaland culture an excuse for having two main characters close together before they actually KNOW they like each other.
courtesy of kdramareasons2) Wide-eyed Kisses: Apparently, every girl in Kdramaland has never had a kiss in her LIFE until that show. So when the main man swoops in, she is just SHOCKED. And hardly moves. LOL (A variation on this kiss is the "squinty-eyed, OMG, I can't believe I'm about to be kissed, kiss".)
4) The Angry Granny: Is it just me or is every grandma in Kdramaland a cranky oldster? Seriously, put on your best behavior for these ladies. That means the DEEP BOW!
7) Manly wrist/arm grab: We read about them (and let's face it, make fun of them) in our favorite romance novels. The point where the girl is about to walk away in a huff, when the hero grabs her arm, whips her around, and gives her the liplock we've been praying for! Kdrama romances are no exception to this. Most often though, it is followed up by him dragging her off to some private location where he can spew his anger. One thing you have to admire about Kdrama heroes, they are VERY in touch with their feelings.
8) Heroes that cry buckets: I love a man who isn't afraid to express his feelings. If you feel the same way, Kdramas are for you! Men laugh, rage, confess their love... oh and cry rivers of tears. I don't know how they do it without becoming severely dehydrated, but it is often very touching to watch. *sigh*
9) Engrish: Man, I just can't get enough of Kdrama characters speaking English. It makes me wonder what our shows sound like when people speak other languages. I always think they sound cool, but if they are anything like the Engrish in Kdramas, we should all be embarrassed. (BTW- I searched high and low for a good video example of English speaking, but this is the best I could find. Sorry about the quality!)
10) Karaoke singing (At the Noraebang!): This is another element no Kdrama is without. There is nothing an audience enjoys more than a chance to see their favorite stars (often drunk and off-key) singing their hearts out to their favorite kpop tunes! Or so I must assume, since they happen in every drama.
And these are just a few of the reasons I love Kdramas. I actually listed them the other day, and I came up with 45 different Kdrama staples. I'll miss you Kdramas!
Happy Watching! :)