Sunday, September 9, 2012

Beauty School Dropout...

This song (one of my faves from that great musical Grease) has been running through my head as I contemplate the various things I've dropped out of, lately.  Camp Nanowrimo, for one.  I've considered even dropping ROW80, since I'm woefully behind on any goals I set for myself, but then I remember my Word of the Year: DETERMINATION
Firm or fixed intention to achieve a desired end...
My desired end is to finish Terris and the Angel book.  I need to just focus on writing whenever I can.  Even if it's only a couple of hundred words a day, if I can write that much, so be it.  I hate feeling like I am back where I was last year: tired, exhausted, stumbling over myself to get any little bit of writing done.  
New Baby isn't a baby anymore, he just turned 1 and he's got 7 of the 8 teeth he was working on, so I'm hoping there is an end in sight—a lull in the storm of GETTING ALL THE TEETH.  The 5 am wake up time that worked so well before he was born is obviously not working when I'm getting an average of 4 hours of sleep a night.  I've been using up my valuable naptime writing space to sleep, so really, it's here and there that I can eke out a few words.
It's not all bad, however.  I finished part one of Luka's story and I've started in on Nikka's.  The buildup for this go around is going to be a little bit like Compis, so the pacing is slower for her story.  Some of the readers liked that and some didn't, but I can't help it.  The story must be told as it should be.  Luka's story is action-packed enough to make up for her slower first part. Luckily, her second part will pack some punch. Zyander is kind of a mix of both.  He's got a LOT going on in Terris, so I hope I do his storyline justice.
Aeris is still selling like hotcakes, which is fun to watch.  Amazon sales prices confuse me.  First Compis was full price, then $.99, then full price, then $1.03 (of all things) and now it's back to $.99 again.  Who knows where it will be tomorrow.  Odd.  I would just like to say, I have nothing to do with that.
Here's hoping I get more written next week and will actually FEEL like posting my word counts. :)
Happy Reading!
Post a Comment