Sunday, May 27, 2012

Alive and Kicking

Despite rumors to the contrary, I am still alive and writing.  Thank you for asking—those of you who did.  I've pretty much cut myself off from the internet these past two weeks.  Don't expect more of me, either, until about June 9th.

Why?  Well, every waking moment has been taken with either gardening or editing.  Have I gotten more done? Why yes I have.  I'm halfway there, folks.  Of course, halfway just isn't good enough, Dangit!  Which is why I've concocted my master plan.  Do nothing.


Hahaha, Just Kidding!


Oldest son is going to stay at grandma's for a week, and while he's there, I will be house sitting for my parents at their place.  An empty place.  With no distractions.  Except New Baby, of course.  But he's just gotten over a cold so he should be good for another 2 weeks.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.  I'm about 25 pages behind because my parents came up for a week, then New Baby got sick, and now my sister and her husband are visiting for Memorial Day.  Which is all good and fun (except for sick baby, who spent literally a full day in my arms), but doesn't get the work done.  So the first week in June is my big push.

Gotta get it done, FOR GOOD!  AERIS MUST BE FINISHED!

I swear, if I get another email or message or comment telling me how much someone liked the book and how excited they are to read the next one, I will expire from guilt!  Seriously, I feel soooo bad.  I feel like I'm letting people down.  Not a good feeling.

So yeah.  I will try to update next weekend, but if I don't, you know it's because I'm WORKING.

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Nadja Notariani said...

It's so tough when the little ones get sick. Everything screeches to a halt...an abrupt halt. It can be frustrating.

But halfway is still halfway! I hope this week is healthy, happy, and productive, Kate! ...and no guilt! I mean it! (Unless, of course, you're Jewish, or tend toward Jewish traits, or just plain old have guilt as part of your natural makeup. Then I'll adopt you as my sister and we can email all our guilty feelings back and forth until we laugh...We'll talk about how our mothers guilt us relentlessly, too. Ha! :}

CASS said...

I'm so proud of you! And you have every reason to be proud of yourself!! Your a published author and that's quite an accomplishment!!! Your doing very well keep up the good work. If you have time for company let me know. In the meanwhile remember where you started and how far you've come, and relish it!!! Love you Aunt Cathy

Deniz Bevan said...

I love Office Space!

Congratulations on the gardening and editing, that sounds like an awesome way to fill your days. I'd like to do knitting, scrapbooking and editing. But this darn day job takes a lot of time...

Hope baby's feeling better!

Anonymous said...

It's all about your life as a writer. Clearly, yours is full of life and words so write and the check-ins will follow. Hope this week was a productive one for you.

Karen