Sunday, January 29, 2017

Cause for Celebration

Hey kids, it's happy dance time!!!

(yes, this is exactly how I dance)

I am happy to report, that Ignis is finished!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
It's pretty much exactly the length I thought it would be, 120k.  Well, actually it's 126,000ish words, but considering I'll probably be doing a LOT of cutting, come editing time, my first guess will probably be the more accurate one.

What can I say about this book, guys?  It's my favorite yet, I think.  Probably because EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that I've been laying out for the past 3 books is finally coming to pass.  Reveals that I've been holding to my chest, relationships that I planted as a tiny seed will finally blossom, events that I've been mulling over since I planned this book will finally blast through your brains as you read them.

Exciting times.  

It was probably the toughest one yet for me to write (I know I say that every time) because of all the build up.  And I'm not gonna lie, the last 5 chapters of this book wrung me out like a wet washcloth.  Just for the sake of my ability to edit, I'm going to have to put this thing aside for like a month and let my brain breath.  

But it's finished.  And it's glorious.  And I'm sooo sooooooo soooooooo happy with where I took the characters this time around.

So yay!

No comments: