(This is you.)
But the good news is I am still plugging away. As per my WOTY, I am steady as she goes. Steadily writing. Steadily plotting. (steadily crying over my naivete when clocking this book at a mere 120k)
Today I want to talk about lack of follow-through when reading. Here is my problem. I frequently neglect to finish series. It makes no sense, really, because I can read an AMAZING book (like Stormdancer, for instance) but I only read the first one and it takes like a MILLION YEARS for all the books to come out (see: Throne of Glass) and by the time they are all out, I've gotten excited about other books that pop up on my radar and I just never seem to finish them.
BUT THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE, my dear readers. I have determined that this is the year I will, WILL finish a bunch of the series that I promised myself I would finish and won't keep putting it off.
So here is the listicle type thingy I came up with to keep myself accountable:
- The Lotus War books. There is no good reason for why I haven't finished this series. The main character is AWESOME. The world is AWESOME. AND I OWN ALL THREE BOOKS. Like what is wrong with me?
- The Lunar Chronicles. I loved these books, but for whatever reason whenever I look at how long Winter is, my brain fails. But this year I will read the last book!!!
- Under The Never Sky. I got partway through the last book and just quit. What is wrong with me??? I really liked the other two books. *sigh* I have a problem.
- Dust Lands. I really loved the first book in this series, but the second book and its sibling drama (not to mention that whole rapey type scene at the end) really turned me off. Still, I do want to find out what happens to Saba, so I need to buckle down and finish that one.
- The Fifth Wave. I was absolutely blown away by the first two books in this series, but I admit I am terrified of what might happen in the conclusion. I will face my fear and read that book when it releases in FOUR DAYS??? EEP!
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Honestly, why in heaven's name haven't I finished this series? I freaking LOVE Laini Taylor. Is it just that I'm a coward and I can't face how it might end? Not sure.
- Penryn & The End Of Days. Okay, I'm just afraid that Pen and Rafe don't end up together, so if someone could just spoil that detail for me, I'll finish this series posthaste.
- The Heir Chronicles. It's been so long since I read the last one that I really can't even remember what happened. I just need to see if they have it on recaptains or something. Because I loved every one of those stories. :)
Well, that should keep me busy for the next year. :D
What about you? Do you have any series that you've left unfinished? Get to it!