Monday, September 2, 2013

It's Hard to Type with a Busted Finger

That makes it sound as though I've broken my finger or something, which I most certainly have not.  I was peeling apples yesterday and I did manage to peel my middle finger open quite nicely, however.  To the point where I keep soaking through bandages (not blood, but water, because I'm constantly washing either faces or dishes).

These bandaids make it really difficult to type, let me tell you!

So, I feel like we have to have one of those awkward conversations, like you do when you run into your ex at the grocery store.

I know I haven't been on here in three months.  For a person who has faithfully written in her writerly blog every week, it is inconceivable to me.  

And the reason I haven't written isn't because I got kidnapped or because my computer died or because I moved to a land with no internet... no, I just got SUMMER busy.  Summers around the Copeseeley household tend to be in, out, and all around.  So when you take one author, add in three visits to the in-laws, one to my parents, a camping trip, and bronchitis & pneumonia, you get pretty much no writing at all.  

Yes, this is the bad news.  I've made about... 8,000 words of progress on Terris.  The good news is, my oldest has started kindergarten, my routine has become settled again, and I'm back to cranking out those letters.

Hopefully, it's all downhill from here.  I'm 2/3rds of the way through Nikka AND Zyander's part one and I'm really excited about where the story is heading from there.  I can't believe I'll be done with book three very soon!  Woohoo!!!

-Happy Reading!



No comments: