Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm Just Here for the Pep Talks!

I got my NaNoWriMo email.  *cue ominous music*  How I long to join nano this year.  Such a great motivator and a fabulous way to rack up a bunch of words (50,000 to be exact)!
Alas, I know that if I join up, I won't make it to the goal.  Not enough sleep.
Still, I'm considering signing up anyway, simply because some of the best pep talks I've ever read have been from the authors who participate in nano.  One by Meg Cabot, I swear to you, changed my writing career FOREVER.
I'm going to think on it some more.  I have 22 days, according to the letter, before it starts, so I have time to make up my mind.

I actually got some writing done in the past week.  Yay!  Not much on Terris, but some is better than none.  Terris: 23,968.  Tues./Thurs. side project: 5,583.  I think I've gotten about 5,000 words total in for the week, I think.  For a person who has written in the hundreds of words in the past couple of weeks, it is a major victory.  Next week I'm off to my parents' house while my oldest son goes off to visit his grandma.  The last time this happened I was able to finish off Aeris.  My goal this time around will be 20,000 words.  In two weeks, that should be quite a goal, but I need to make up some ground given my utter failure to write in the past month and a half.

Right now, I'm hopeful and determined.  I'm wishing progress on all my fellow ROW participants!  Fighting!(It's a Kdrama thing, hahahaha)

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

J.R. Pearse Nelson said...

I totally understand where you're coming from! I thought about NaNo, then thought about writing a novella that month just to capitalize on all that great swirling energy...I still might do that, if everything else is progressing nicely...but I also don't want to be overloaded in the fall. Such a great time to curl up with a book, cook a lot, enjoy the holidays...I don't want to be all stressed out. Ha!

DarkWyvern said...

Even if you don't make the goal, NaNoWriMo is still an awesome writing motivator; I think just the atmosphere of all those other people being creative inspires our own need to write more. Great work on your word counts this week :)

Shan Jeniah Burton said...

Why not just go into it for whatever words and ideas emerge?

And, if the pep talks help you with your other writing goals, it seems that alone would be worth it.

Rather than stress, could you make it a game? Playtime?

I will be signing up this week...I have a story waiting to be born, and I've been setting it aside to play with next month.

Whether you join in or not, your word count is definitely something to celebrate!

Enjoy your next week!

Claudia Lefeve said...

Yay for word counts!! And I'm sure I didn't help earlier this month with you beta reading my book! THANK YOU!! xx