Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday Whirlwind...

Can't jabber on for long.  I have a sky full of blue and a garden that needs planting.  Ahhhh... spring in Cali.  My favorite time of year.  Of course, all this has to be done with a 7mth old that strongly objects to me doing anything for any length of time that involves not paying attention to him.  In other words, I bribe him with yummy treats. hahaha

So I don't know if you noticed my last entry, but THE FIRST DRAFT OF AERIS IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!!


Oh Bliss, oh happiness, oh, 151,000 words of YA Fantasy...  you warm my heart. :)  My book is off with the favored few who I let pre-read it.  Then, after some distance and soul searching, I will begin my first of many rounds of edits.  At this point... I'm hoping to be done Mid May, which is pretty miraculous considering where the book was 6 mths ago.

So, what am I doing right now?  I'm readjusting my vision for the rest of the series (making sure I'm still on track for the ending I originally imagined).  I'm planning out the next book.  I'm working on a super secret writing project that I may or may not announce.  It's still in the planning phase.  I'm re-reading Compis to get a sense of where my series started and where it will continue.   Annnnnndddd... I'm working with an artist, okay, a couple of artists on some concept art for the series.

I had an inspiration pinterest a while back, but then pinterest's dinosaur copyright protection stuff got me all paranoid and I deleted it.  So instead, I'm going to post a pinterest with some sketches (nothing too fancy) that show how I picture some of the creatures and characters in the world of the Five Tribes.  I've had a lot of fun working on it with my artist friend and can't wait for you all to see it.  I'll let you know when it's up.

I think that's about all for me right now.  In summary, my goals for this round:

  1. Finish Aeris and Publish
  2. Finish Super secret writing project
  3. Revise and Plan the rest of the series using Scrivener
  4. Post illustrations on Pinterest.
Happy Reading, all!
Post a Comment